The "Fondation 29 Haussmann"
Fondation 29 Haussmann
Fondation 29 Haussmann supports the implementation of solidarity projects devoted to children and young people. Created in 2009 under the aegis of the Fondation de France, this Societe Generale Private Banking initiative allows our clients to benefit from dual expertise: wealth engineering and societal expertise.
Its financial resources come exclusively from donations or bequests from clients or private donors.
It has chosen as its focus education, and more precisely the fight against academic failure. Throughout the year, it strives to choose innovative projects that support children and teenagers in difficulty, in order to boost their self-confidence and their ability to succeed.
The Fondation 29 Haussmann supports these charities for three years, the aim being to represent a significant but not a majority share of their budget. The foundation supports some ten charities a year and maintains regular relations with them in order to assess the progress made by their projects, notably via activity reports and performance indicators. When possible and necessary, it can also provide strategic coaching.
The annual process to choose the charities that will be supported by Fondation 29 Haussmann involves a number of rigorous steps.
Fondation 29 Haussmann
Step by step
Identification of applicants, notably via discussions with project leads, field visits to check the actions undertaken in practice and an assessment of accounts to ensure spending is managed responsibly.
Presentation to the foundation’s executive committee: following these studies, and under the control of the Fondation de France, the most serious applications are presented by the delegate general of the foundation’s executive committee that notably comprises charity sector experts.
Final vote by the Fondation 29 Haussmann’s trustees, who make an independent selection of the most serious projects that your donations will help.
How can you support the foundation ?
In France :
- Donate online: https://dons.Fondationdefrance.org/29_HAUSSMANN/
- Donate by cheque or bank transfer: contact us via the contact form and choose “support a cause”
In another European country :
- Real-estate wealth tax donation: if you are subject to French real-estate wealth tax, even if you are a resident of another European country, you can make a donation that will be tax-deductible to the tune of 75% of its value up to a maximum annual reduction of €50,000.
- Luxembourg is the only country that has transposed European jurisprudence with regard to cross-border donations within the European Union or the European Free Trade Association. Any person whose residence is in Luxembourg for tax purposes can thus support the Fondation 29 Haussmann directly by benefiting from local tax advantages, i.e. a tax reduction as a special expenditure (from a donation of €120 up to an annual limit of 20% of total net revenue of €1 million)*.
- In other countries: Transnational Giving Europe is a network of European Foundations that enables cross-border donations to be made between 20 European countries. A donator whose tax residence is in Switzerland or the UK, for example, can thus, thanks to this system, support the Fondation 29 Haussmann whilst benefiting from local tax advantages. A list of partner organisations by country can be found at http://www.transnationalgiving.eu/category/partner.
(*) If you plan to make a donation from Luxembourg, we will send you the required completed L.I.R. n°112/2 memorandum of 7 April 2010, which will have to accompany the French tax receipt provided by the Fondation de France (which houses the Fondation 29 Haussmann)