Societe Generale Private Banking partners the “Campden European Families in business awards 2013” in support of family businesses in Europe
Societe Generale Private Banking is partnering the « Campden European Families in Business Awards 2013 », organised by Campden Wealth*, for the second consecutive year, thus underlining once again its commitment to family businesses in Europe.
On 11 June 2013, five awards will be made during a ceremony in Paris in recognition of the vitality and dynamism of European family businesses:
- Top Family Business of the Year
- Top Family Business Leader of the Year
- Top Family Business Rising Star
- Top Non-Family Director of the Year
- Top Sustainable Business of the Year
Societe Generale Private Banking is celebrating family businesses, essential drivers of European economic growth, which contribute to over 50% of economic activity in the euro zone. In a difficult economic context, the values which are essential for a stable economic system are found more than ever in family businesses: solidity, durability and continuity.
By being associated with these awards, the private bank is again confirming its support and is accompanying businesses by offering an international range of integrated and transversal services which respond to their needs with regard to commercial development and wealth transmission.
To participate in Campden European Families in Business Awards 2013:
- Until 25 March 2013, European entrepreneurs and family businesses can make their nominations directly on the CampdenFB (Family Business) magazine website: http://www.campdenfb.com/fib-awards
- Readers of CampdenFB magazine can also nominate businesses and entrepreneurs of their choice in each category of award. In 2012, 150 candidatures were received on the magazine’s website.
- A jury composed of experts from the world of business and the Campden Wealth editorial team will first create a long list, from which a shortlist will be drawn up and confirmed on 13 May 2013.
- The winners will be announced and receive their awards at a ceremony on 11 June.
The family businesses and entrepreneurs who are nominated will be judged according to several criteria. Besides having to have its headquarters in Europe, the business must have annual revenues of at least 100 million euros, be able to demonstrate the strong involvement of family members in the business (at least second generation or more), with the latter needing to control over 25% of the company’s voting rights.
* Campden Wealth is a branch of Campden Media, a mixed-media publishing, events and research company serving notably wealth owners, represented by family businesses and family offices. Campden Wealth publishes well recognized magazines such as Campden Family Business (CampdenFB) and Campden Family Office (CampdenFO).